Coronavirus Tax Relief: Filing and Payment Deadlines
Taxpayers who requested an automatic filing extension should complete their 2019 tax returns and file on or before the Oct. 15 deadline. Convenient electronic filing options, including IRS Free File, are still available. Although Oct. 15 is the last day for most people to file, some may have more time. They include:
- Members of the military and others serving in a combat zone. They typically have 180 days after they leave the combat zone to file returns and pay any taxes due. For details, see tax information for members of the military.
- Taxpayers in federally declared disaster areas who already had valid extensions. For details, see the disaster relief page on IRS.gov.
Tax Deadlines Postponed to July 15, 2020
Most federal tax filing and payment deadlines from April 1, 2020, to July 14, 2020, are postponed to July 15, 2020. The postponements are automatic and apply to all taxpayers. You do not need to file other forms or call the IRS to qualify. Find detailed information in Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers.
If you need more time to file after the new July 15 deadline, or to file a form with a different deadline date, you may request a filing extension.
Forms with a Deadline of July 15, 2020 for:
Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts
Form 1041-ES, Estimated Income Tax for Estates and Trusts
Form 1041-N, U.S. Income Tax Return for Electing Alaska Native Settlement Trusts
Form 1041-QFT, U.S. Income Tax Return for Qualified Funeral Trusts
Form 706; 706-NA, 706-A, 706-QDT, 706-GS(T), 706-GS(D1), United States Estate and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Return & Payment
Form 709, United States Gift (and Generation Skipping Transfer) Tax Return & Payment
Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income
Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return
Form 1120-C, U.S. Income Tax Return for Cooperative Associations
Form 1120-F, U.S. Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation
Form 1120-FSC, U.S. Income Tax Return of a Foreign Sales Corporation
Form 1120-H, U.S. Income Tax Return for Homeowners Associations
Form 1120-L, U.S. Life Insurance Company Income Tax Return
Form 1120-ND, Return for Nuclear Decommissioning Funds and Certain Related Persons
Form 1120-PC, U.S. Property and Casualty Insurance Company Income Tax Return
Form 1120-POL, U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Political Organizations
Form 1120-REIT, U.S. Income Tax Return for Real Estate Investment Trusts
Form 1120-RIC, U.S. Income Tax Return for Regulated Investment Companies
Form 1120-S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation
Form 1120-SF, U.S. Income Tax Return for Settlement Funds (Under Section 4688)
Form 8804, Annual Return for Partnership Withholding Tax (Section 1446)
Form 8805, Foreign Partner's Information Statement of Section 1446 Withholding Tax
- IR-2020-154, IRS reminder: File and pay 2019 business taxes by July 15; 2020 estimated tax also due
- IR-2020-153, IRS reminder: Taxpayers can get an extension to Oct.
15 to file taxes
- IR-2020-150, IRS gives tips on filing, paying electronically and checking refunds online; 2019 tax returns and payments due July 15
- IR-2020-148, IRS provides last-minute tips for last-minute filers
- IR-2020- 145, IRS.
gov has answers about filing, paying and July 15 due date
- IR-2020-142, Taxpayers need to resume payments by July 15
- IR-2020-141, Reminder to tax-exempt organizations: 990s, other forms due July 15; e-file best way to file
- IR-2020-140, IRS reminds members of the U.S.
Armed Forces of special tax breaks, helpful resources as the July 15 tax deadline approaches
- IR-2020-135, IRS unclaimed refunds of $1.5 billion waiting for tax year 2016; taxpayers face July 15 deadline
- IR-2020-134, Taxpayers should file by July 15 tax deadline; automatic extension to Oct.
- IR-2020-131, IRS: July 15 tax payment deadline approaching; plan on scheduling multiple payments now
- IR-2020-118, IRS reminder: File now, choose direct deposit or schedule tax payments electronically before the July 15 deadline
- IR-2020-117, IRS reminder: Deadline postponed to July 15 for those who pay estimated taxes
- IR-2020-109, IRS reminder: June 15 tax deadline postponed to July 15 for taxpayers who live and work abroad
- IR-2020-70, REMINDER: Schedule and pay federal taxes electronically due by July 15
- IR-2020-66, To help taxpayers, the Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service announced today that Notice 2020-23 extends additional key tax deadlines for individuals and businesses
- IR-2020-58, Tax Day now July 15: Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount owed
- IR-2020-51, IRS extends April 15 and other upcoming deadlines, provides other tax relief for victims of Tennessee tornadoes
- FS-2020-08, Schedule and electronically pay federal taxes due by July 15